Friday, September 4, 2009

Dear Sydney,

You started kindergarten on Tuesday. You were so excited, so excited that you wanted to leave almost an hour ahead of time. You looked beautiful, so grown up yet still so my baby in your green and brown dress. You seemed to have no fear, yet I knew just by the way you clutched my hand you were nervous, but you never let it show. You walked right up to your class line and you were ready. You gave hugs to you father, sister, and I and marched right into school. You are my kindergartner.
I walked you to your first day of kindergarten with Daddy and Gabriella. I was nervous, so nervous that I never wanted to leave. I wore the biggest sunglasses I could find and my hair down to hide my puffy eyes. I had a ton of fear, yet I tried not to show it by clutching your hand. I was not ready for you to walk up to your class line. I wanted to hug you all day. I am the mother of a kindergartner and I couldn't be prouder of her.
Love,
Mama

No comments: